Longest line pictures
Draw a long, varied line across the accordion fold paper.
What does your line suggest? Envision possibilities.
Add lines and shapes to express your idea!
How do pictures tell a story?
1. Draw a background.
Think of it as scenery on a stage.
2. Make characters.
3. Tell your story and act it out with your characters!
Third Grade Imaginary Creature Tableau*
*Tableau – a group of characters representing a scene from a story
To be displayed at The Park School Art Show 2013
What: Art inspired by… relating to… about… Fairy Tales and Stories
Where: Richman Art Gallery
- Draw, color and cut-out imaginary creatures / characters
- Collage background showing land / water forms
- Paint sky showing weather and time of day
- Find objects (buttons, yarn, string, corks, shells, stones, sticks) to complete the scene
- Arrange the parts listed above on the “stage” to show a scene from a story you want to tell
Consider how the following will aid in telling your story:
Names of the characters
Location / environment
Time of day
What is about to happen?
We read the African tale Why Mosquitos Buzz in People‘s Ears by Verna Aardema. With art materials, we constructed simple stick puppets to represent characters to retell the story. Or, tell a new story…